What: Most common entry level exam at LOVPC. Exam goes way beyond just testing for 20/20 which is just your sight. In this exam we test your vision. To make sure you dont just see clearly, but quickly, accurately, and comfortably as well. (Click here for more explanation of difference between sight and vision)
Who: Anyone who wants to be sure they have good vision not just sight (20/20)
- All children, especially once preschool and school aged
- Anyone who wants prevention or improvement of their vision
- Anyone with unexplained visual symptoms that haven't been resolved elsewhere
What is tested:
- Near & far point stress testing (comfort & stamina of eyes)
- Tracking tests (Accuracy & speed of eyes)
- Light sensitivity screening
- Consult on prevention & improvement
- *When indicated and sufficient time, a short screening for gross motor, fine motor, or visual perception may also be done.
Insurance - Not covered by Vision Insurance but in some cases major medical will pay a portion. Depending on carrier and diagnosis.
- We will do our best to get some coverage for pts.
Time - 45 mins with Dr.
Click here to download the Adult Developmental History Form.
Click here to download the Child Developmental History Form.
Click here to download the Generic history form.
Click here to download the Special needs with developmental history form.