What: Specialized testing to screen the most important visual skills needed in learning
Who: Anyone struggling in learning at any level in school whether it be in achievement, speed, or comfort of doing academics.
What is tested:
- Everything in developmental exam (see Dev. exam)
- Plus some of these additional screenings depending on age, grade, needs & ability of patient
- Gross/Fine motor screening
- Visual memory screening
- Visual dyslexia screening
- Visual perception screening (closure, figure ground etc.)
- Laterality/Directionality (reversal screening)
- Yoked prism trials (if indicated)
- *If fairly significant visual problems are seen more in depth visual learning testing may be recommended. (See Extended Visual Learning Testing)
Time - 60 - 75 mins with Dr.
Insurance - Medical sometimes pays a portion.